Three R’s Teacher Recruitment require all our teachers to be registered with the DBS Online Update Service. The Update Service allows for routine safeguarding checks to be undertaken via an online portal. The check ensures no new information has come to light since the DBS was first taken.
As members of the REC we undertake a status update check annually on all candidates working within schools. This provides an additional layer of protection to schools and is more frequent than the base limits established by the DBS.
The Update Service potentially means that a person will only need to apply for one DBS certificate (providing they subscribe to the Update Service and maintain annual renewal). New employers can ask to see the DBS certificate and then use the online facility to carry out a status check to confirm information is still correct and if any new information has been added. In the latter case a new certificate would be requested.
To register with the update service a new DBS is required and can be applied for by clicking here.
Please call 0345 130 3338 to be issued a unique user ID and password.
To make the application simple for you to complete please have to hand the following information:-
- A complete 5 year address history including postcodes
- A NI number (if you have one)
- Passport details (if you have one)
- Valid UK driver licence details (if you have one) A valid payment card
- The online DBS application costs £50 (£6 administrative charges) and we have found this method is much quicker than the postal method that can lead to delays in securing work. If you would prefer to complete this part of the registration with us, please call and we will arrange a suitable appointment at one of our five offices.
If you would like to discuss this in any more detail, please ring us on 0345 130 3338
Contact a member of our friendly team today…